A Special Note to the Bloggers at the New FireEMSblogs.com

Wow. New digs!

It’s reminds me of the last time I moved into a newly-opened fire station. No, not that temporary piece of crap renovated warehouse ‘station’ in the industrial park with the loading dock and a bay door 2 ¾ inches wider than the mirrors on the engine it housed, and the rickety stairs leading to the open loft day room on top of the kitchen’s ceiling…

If I sound bitter about that rat hole, it’s because I am.

No, this one is the shiny and new kind. You remember: the “new construction smell” and plastic still on the recliners. The kitchen cabinets and drawers full of new pots and utensils. The bay floors that will never be that clean again despite your efforts, and the johns that will.

As I check out all the new features on FireEMSblogs.com, I compare it to going into each room of the new station; touching everything everywhere as ideas on how to customize begin to float around in my head.

To the builders (Chris, Dave, and the crew) congratulations, it’s truly amazing. Your hard work so far has clearly paid off. I join the others with eager anticipation in what lies ahead. Thanks!

To my new partners, thanks for taking me aboard and your hospitable welcome. Although I’ll be entering my fifth decade in the fire service next year, this makes me feel like the young probie all over again (this time I’ll do things right). I hope I can earn your respect as we move forward together with our common purpose.

Finally, as I visited each of your sites tonight, I noticed the graphics and design features you all implemented with the rollout They are really impressive, and I’ve got my work cut out for me. Great job everyone!

Even with our new “station” we’ll still all be “running calls”, so the work won’t change. But the new digs seem to have an invigorating effect, don’t you agree?

Stay stoked!

-J

6 Comments

• ChiefReason says:

Unlike those who want to touch everything, I am afraid to touch ANYTHING!
    This is going to be a great adventure.
    I am sure that we will be feeding off of each other's energy, stories and comments.
    I would expect there to be some disagreement as well.
    Right, Mike?
    Give me another hug.
    Art aka ChiefReason

• ChiefReason says:

Unlike those who want to touch everything, I am afraid to touch ANYTHING!
    This is going to be a great adventure.
    I would expect there to be some disagreement as well.
    Right, Mike?
    Give me another hug.
    Art aka ChiefReason

• Mike says:

Great post! I am proud to be a part of this network as well.
    Hats off to Dave and Chris. Amazing job putting this together.
    Mike
    (Firefighter Blog)

• Mike says:

Great post! I am proud to be a part of this network as well.
    Hats off to Dave and Chris. Amazing job putting this together.
    Mike
    (Firefighter Blog)

• FossilMedic says:

Well, I WAS going to say that we all are on our best behavior, but that rascal Art may have spilled the first soda on the carpet …. but *I* still love you and appreciate your effort to keep a forum thread focused.

Hug next time we meet. May need a larger bar at the FDIC get together next April.

Hi Jeremy, it is great to have you here.

Mike "FossilMedic" Ward

• FossilMedic says:

Hi Jeremy, it is great to have you here.

Mike "FossilMedic" Ward